Virginia Wesleyan University is committed to making the transition from Lakeland University Japan/VWU Global as easy as possible. We believe in recognizing your hard work and making the path to your four-year degree as easy as possible.
How to Apply
- Complete and sign the Application.
- Send official transcripts from each secondary school attended. If the secondary school is located outside of the United States, the applicant must provide an official transcript evaluation report. Applicants are advised to use World Educational Services (WES). The University also accepts evaluation reports from current members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). If the secondary school is located in the United States, transcripts can be sent directly from that institution to VWU.
- Complete Financial Disclosure Form (this form will be sent to you once you have been accepted to VWU).
- Demonstrate proficiency in English. The test of English as a Foreign Language [TOEFL] is required for all applicants whose native language is not English. A minimum 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 80 on the internet-based exam is required. The TOEFL score is not required, but is recommended, for admission to the LUJ/VWU Global English Language Institute [ELI]. Students currently enrolled in the ELI program must meet the Exit Criteria to begin their academic studies at Virginia Wesleyan University.
TOEFL scores are not required if students have:
- Completed an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree from Lakeland University Japan/Virginia Wesleyan University Global.
- Completed a minimum of 30 credits at Lakeland University Japan/Virginia Wesleyan University Global.
- Earned a high school diploma from a high school in the English education system in any English speaking country/region.
- Completed a minimum of one term of full-time post-secondary academic studies in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand, where English proficiency is required for admission.
- Achieved acceptable GCE Ordinary Level or Advanced Level results, GCSE results of acceptable test results of Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations [SSCE] by the West African Examinations Council.
- Achieved acceptable IELTS scores [minimum 6.5].
- Achieved acceptable PTE exam scores [minimum of 58].
- Achieved acceptable Duolingo (DET) exam score (minimum 105)
Fair Transfer Guarantee
The Fair Transfer Guarantee helps you save credits, save time, and save money by ensuring those with an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree will enter Virginia Wesleyan with junior-class status. All lower-level general education requirements—including foreign language—will be deemed complete, allowing students to focus on courses for their major and upper-level elective credits necessary for their bachelor’s degree.