Virginia Wesleyan University Global Scholarship & Financial Assistance
Affordability has always been a top priority at Virginia Wesleyan University. VWU offers a multi-faceted plan of affordability that includes but isn't limited to freezing tuition cost for the fourth consecutive year, a renewable merit scholarship program, an expanded Work & Learn Program for student employment, and affordable out-of-semester 12-month course options.
International students who enroll in the traditional day program at Virginia Wesleyan University to complete a bachelor's degree will receive a merit scholarship valued at a minimum of $21,000 per year.
Financial Aid can be limited for international students. It is important to understand the full costs of education in the United States.
- Scholarships and grants are funds that assist students in paying their VWU student bill and do not need to be repaid. Scholarships that help cover the cost of tuition, fees, and books are not taxable; scholarships that cover room and board are taxable.
- Often scholarships carry a minimum GPA requirement to continue receiving the award. Make sure you understand the criteria of the scholarship as what is not covered by it (e.g. summer session, books. etc.)
- Tuition Fees, Room & Board, and Health Insurance are all expenses that increase every year, while scholarships and grants tend to remain the same.
- This site provides information about funding to consider and potential funding sources.
- EducationUSA International Student Scholarship Resources