Your time is valuable, so our goal is to make the admission process simple and straight forward. Follow the steps below, and we’ll submit your file to the Admission Committee just as soon as we have all the materials needed to make a decision. In the meantime, if you haven’t done so already, we encourage you to visit campus to get a feel for the place you’ll soon call your alma mater.
Application Deadline: VWU has a rolling admission policy so you can apply anytime.
Test Optional admission policy: The submission of standardized test scores is not required for admission to the University, nor to receive a merit scholarship. This policy is for both domestic and international applicants. Applicants who are able to take a standardized test and who feel their test scores reflect their academic ability and potential may submit testing and these scores will be considered during our holistic application review.
Steps to Admission
1. Complete your undergraduate application.
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency at the time of application for admission
2. An official high school transcript or comparable home school documentation.
Send documents to:
Virginia Wesleyan University
Center for Enrollment Services
5817 Wesleyan Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
As an alternative to the US mail, you may also request that your transcript(s) be forwarded electronically (e.g. Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse Electronic Transcript Exchange).
3. Submit an official record of scores on the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Testing Program (ACT). (Optional)
Applicants are responsible for arranging to take these tests and for requesting that results be sent to Virginia Wesleyan. The CEEB code for Virginia Wesleyan is 5867. The ACT code is 4429.
CHECKLIST TO BEING A PIEDMONT LION
- Be admitted to Piedmont University
- Pay your deposit:
- Set up your student LIONS email (only after deposit is paid, and may take up to one week to be processed).
- Complete the Financial Aid Process
- Complete a FAFSA – The FAFSA should be completed yearly between October-January. Apply early! Piedmont’s FAFSA code is 001588.
- If you don't want to complete the FAFSA, you can complete the Institutional Aid Application.
- If you are an International or DACA Student, complete the International Aid Application.
- Complete the Financial Agreement (Steps to Complete the Financial Agreement).
- Send FINAL high school transcripts, AP scores, CLEP scores and official Dual Enrollment transcripts to undergraduate admissions.
- If living on campus, complete housing forms:
- Register for a Summer Orientation:
- Complete the Fall Course Preference Survey (will be sent to students’ LIONS emails beginning in May)
- Pay balance or set up payment plan (the deadline to set up a payment plan is July 15; the deadline to pay in full is 10 days prior to the start of classes).
- Complete the Guide to the Pride online Canvas course.
- Download the Piedmont University App.
- For residential students only—enroll or waive out of the SHIP insurance (you will receive information on SHIP through LIONS email in July).
- Complete Everfi online course (you will receive information to LIONS email in early August).