On Campus Engagement
Employers desiring to visit Virginia Wesleyan for recruitment purposes may choose from the options below:
- Company Information Table: We will set up a table for your company in the Jane P. Batten Student Center where you may speak informally with students.
- Company Presentation: We will reserve a room for you to give a presentation on a specific career related topic or your organization and available opportunities.
- Campus Interviews: Employers may conduct interviews on campus either by pre-selection or open appointment.
- Special Programs: Employers may participate in special programs virtually, and in person as opportunities to connect with VWU students. These program include: career fairs, information tables, and sessions, workshops, employer/alumni panels, and other special events.
To arrange a campus recruitment event, please complete the On-Campus Recruitment Request Form.
Handshake is the best place to post part-time, full-time, and internship opportunities. Set up your FREE account by following these steps:
- Create an account.
- This link will automatically connect you with Virginia Wesleyan University.
- After creating an account, you will be able to complete your profile and post jobs and internships. In addition, you will be able to view VWU students’ profiles, if they have made their profile publicly available.
Parker Dewey (Micro-Internships)
A Micro-Internship is a short-term project that can typically be completed within 5-40 hours and is due within a few days to a few weeks. These projects require no on-boarding and can be completed by a college student with minimal instruction. These are important but low-risk tasks that aren’t the best use of your time.
Consider offering Micro-Internships for Virginia Wesleyan Students and recent grads. Your organization can provide professional work experience and learning opportunities through short term projects. It is also an opportunity for you to stay connected, give back, and create a hiring pipeline for your organization.