Career development is a lifelong process. Students should see career development as one of their priorities during their four years at Virginia Wesleyan University. In an effort to better serve our students, the Career Development Program (CDP) has compiled a number of tools, services and resources.
- FOCUS-2 Free online, self-guided, interactive program designed to help you to select a major and plan your career.
- What can I do with this major? - a useful tool to help you connect your major to careers and learn career areas and types of employers that hire, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
- Career Coaching
- Parker Dewey (Micro-Internships) – professional short term projects to build and demonstrate skills
- Handshake - The place for all things career! With Handshake, you will find part-time and full-time jobs, internships, career development resources, campus events, virtual career fairs, and valuable career resources.
- MyNext Move is an interactive tool you can use to learn more about career options. My Next Move has information about job tasks, skills, salary, and more for over 900 different careers. You can find information through keyword searches; by browsing industries; or through the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on your interests.
- Forage - Forage is an online resource which offers virtual experience programs designed by leading companies. Develop your skills and gain a real understanding of different roles and sectors by working through these self-paced modules, with tasks similar to those you would undertake during a traditional internship.
- TruMotivate - The TruMotivate assessment uses your stories of achievement and success, to reveal what motivates you and drives you to not only perform at your best.