Students Accounts Specialist and Cashier
Provides full customer service on student accounts including, receiving student payments and posting payments to student accounts; reviewing and analyzing student accounts; assisting students with payment plans; research and analysis of student account activity, response to customer inquiries; and reconciling/balancing a cash drawer. This work requires considerable customer service support and service to students and former students for the maintenance and recordkeeping of student account balances and the collection thereof. The Cashier is also responsible to interact with other offices regarding the posting of funds not related to student accounts.
- Responsible for the receipt and posting to student accounts tuition and fees, answering questions about charges and payments, and communicating with outside offices regarding incorrect charges.
- Assist students, faculty, staff and other visitors at the front desk.
- Assist students with self-service options available online and through MyBeacon.
- Handle telephone, in-person, email and written inquiries regarding student billing, including servicing customers with account information and transactions.
- Make courtesy phone calls to assist parents & students with their statements.
- Review accounts and remove holds as needed.
- Create individual payment agreement with students to resolve past due balances.
- Identify past due receivables and initiate all communications with past due accounts, including email, phone calls and collection letters.
- Monitor student accounts and identify past due accounts for tracking and recommendation for collection.
- Coordinate with the Student Accounts Coordinators to transfer students to internal past due A/R and external collection agencies when necessary.
- Review all bankruptcy notifications and monitor affected accounts.
- Evaluate collection agencies for performance and commend changes if necessary.
- Create promissory notes with students when appropriate.
- Post all student payments (U-Store Payments, Touchnet etc).
- Responsible for checking the Finance U Store for payments made daily.
- Responsible for alerting others of payments made via the Finance U Store that are non-student account related.
- Monitoring and posting of the Official Payments Deposits/Marlin $
- Process petty cash for various University areas.
- Process other miscellaneous cash receipts.
- Prepare daily close-out cash receipt reconciliation.
- Prepare payments for external and internal collections on past due accounts.
- Scan checks received for deposit into bank account daily.
- Create and maintain Cashier procedural documentation to meet internal needs and compliance audit standards
- Assist with collection of Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA).
- Assist with filing Scholarship paperwork and apply checks to scholarship accounts GL account.
- Assist students, faculty & staff with Marlin $ and apply to CBORD.
- File and scan documents as needed.
- Process daily University Store and Duplication and Postal Services deposits.
- Process daily development report reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree Diploma or Equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ellucian, C-BORD and TouchNet preferred
- Must be able to communicate with a diverse group of customers (students, parents, faculty, staff, undergraduate students, graduate students, international students, etc.).
- Anticipate the needs of the team and assist when needed
- Patience, personable, communicative and can work independently
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience in customer service
- Ability to accomplish basic business tasks, meet deadlines, and ability to learn and interpret policies, and regulations concerning, FERPA, Tuition Accounts, etc.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a resume via email to: email@example.com.
About Virginia Wesleyan University
Virginia Wesleyan University is Coastal Virginia's premier university of the liberal arts and sciences. Situated on a 300-acre park-like campus in Virginia Beach, the University annually enrolls approximately 1,600 students in undergraduate, graduate, and online programs. Undergraduate degrees include a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Social Work with 42 majors, 32 minors, and 19 pre-professional tracks. Graduate degrees include a Master of Business Administration and Master of Arts in Education. Students thrive in average class sizes of 14 and through the University's experiential learning, high-impact leadership, and career-development programs. An inclusive community dedicated to scholarship and service grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, Virginia Wesleyan University inspires students to build meaningful lives through engagement in Coastal Virginia's dynamic metropolitan region, the nation, and the world.
Virginia Wesleyan is a university with a coastal edge. Located in Virginia Beach, where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Chesapeake Bay, our region is proud of its vibrant city life, sandy beaches, and rich history. Learn more at visitvirginiabeach.com/explore.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Virginia Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of skills, experience, and qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national and ethnic origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, the presence of non-job-related medical disability, or any other legally protected status.